SUBJECT: Development Code Update
DESCRIPTION: The City of Sultan is updating various sections of its zoning and subdivision code to improve clarity on development requirements. This includes changes to the code sections related to utility extensions, impact fees, recreation and open space, grading permits, deviations, and permit processing. The update is informed by problems identified by staff and applicants in the last two years. The Draft code changes that have been developed can be viewed at City Hall or on the City of Sultan website.
PUBLIC HEARING: The City of Sultan will hold a Public Hearing before the City Council at their September 24th, 2020 meeting at 7:00 PM. The meeting will be held remotely on the Zoom meeting platform. Instructions on how to attend the meeting via zoom will be made available on the City website or can be requested from staff.
COMMENT PERIOD: Comments will be accepted from the date of this notice through the close of the public comment section of the hearing. All persons are invited to comment in writing during the comment period or in person at the public hearing. Written comments can be submitted to Andy Galuska at PO Box 1199, Sultan, WA 98294 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
STAFF CONTACT: Andy Galuska, Planning Director at 360.793.1311 or firstname.lastname@example.org
POSTED ON CITY WEBSITE / MAILED: September 8, 2020
HOW TO USE THIS NOTICE
To learn more about a project:
• Call the City of Sultan Planning Department at 360.793.2231.
• Review the project file at the Planning Department at Sultan City Hall, 319 Main Street, Sultan WA.
• By Appointment Only: Hours 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily.
To Comment on a project:
• Submit written comments to the Planning Department at the address below. All comments received prior to issuance of a department decision or recommendation will be reviewed. To ensure that comments are addressed in the decision or recommendation, they should be received by the Planning Department before the end of the comment period.
• Comments on a project scheduled for a public hearing may be made by submitting then in writing to the Planning Department prior to the open record hearing or submitting three (3) copies at the hearing or by testifying verbally at the hearing.
• You may become a party of record for a project by: 1) submitting original written comments and request to become a party of record to the City Planning Department prior to the hearing; 2) testifying at the hearing; or 3) entering your name on a sign-up register at the hearing. NOTE: Only persons who submit written or oral testimony to the permit issuing authority may appeal the decision.
Request for special notice:
A person may request to be provided special notice of a particular application process filed under the provisions of this title by one of the following methods:
1. Filing a no-cost from provided by the City for the purposes of requesting a special notice.
2. Providing by letter or email a request for special notice which clearly states:
• The requester’s name and contact information;
• The specific application of interest in the request.
HOW TO REACH US
The Planning Department for the City of Sultan is located at 319 Main Street, Sultan WA 98294. For information about the project or to view the project file, contact Andy Galuska, Planning Director, at 360.793.1311 or email@example.com or Cyd Donk, Assistant Planner, at 360.793.1099 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodations for people with disabilities will be provided upon request.
Please contact City Hall at 360.793.2231 and allow one-week advance notice