The City of Sultan is accepting applications for a Utility Worker 1 or 2. The position will be open until filled, but the first review of applications will occur on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Major Function and Purpose:
To perform skilled manual and equipment operation tasks in maintenance and construction of streets, parks, cemetery and utilities. Performs garbage collection services. Operates light equipment regularly and heavy equipment on occasion.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Class B or better Endorsement along with Air Brakes and tanker endorsement is preferred.
- Flagger’s Certification or acquire within 6 months of employment.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals, including developers, contractors, public agencies, appointed officials, city staff and the general public.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification or acquire within 6 months of employment.
To be considered, applicants must submit a completed City of Sultan employment application, resume and cover letter. To have an application packet mailed to you, please call 360.793.2231 or pick up a packet at City Hall, 319 Main Street #200; Sultan WA or view the packet at Utility Worker Position.
Those most suited for the position will be scheduled for an interview. Final candidates will be required to submit to a background investigation.