SERVE ON A CITY BOARD
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Sultan is seeking volunteers to serve on the Planning Board. The Planning Board currently has a vacancy. This position was set to expire June 30, 2024. The qualifying candidate would fill the remainder of the term as well as the normal four year thereby having the term expire on June 30, 2027. To qualify to serve you must meet one of the following requirements:
- registered voters who reside within the corporate limits of Sultan
- Registered voter residing within the urban growth boundary as established by the comprehensive plan in effect at the time of their appointment
- May be a business owner, operator or management level employee, or qualified representative, for a business located within the city of Sultan who is not a resident of the city
Meetings are currently held on the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 7:00 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The planning board is to act as an advisory body to the city council on the comprehensive plan, development standards as presented in the zoning code, subdivision code, and related land use codes of the city, and other matters related to land use as delegated by the city council. The planning board has a role in seeking information from and taking information to the community;
- In consultation with the director of community development, the planning board shall review and monitor the city’s comprehensive plan and development regulations, both as defined in the Growth Management Act of the state of Washington, to establish a list of tasks to be undertaken to keep the city’s comprehensive plan and development regulations up-to-date and in compliance with the Growth Management Act;
- In consultation with the director of community development, the planning board shall implement a public participation process and conduct such public meetings and hearings as required to fulfill the city’s public participation obligations under Chapter 36.70A RCW;
- In consultation with the director (of community development), the planning board shall develop Sultan’s comprehensive plan and/or updates and amendments thereto, and revise development regulations that implement its comprehensive plan and make recommendation concerning the same to the director of community development and to the city council;
- In consultation with the director of community development, the planning board shall annually make a recommendation for training and assistance to the board and a budget request to the city council.
If interested in volunteering, please submit an application online. If you have questions please contact Community Development Director Hal Hart via phone at (360) 793-1311 or via email at email@example.com