The Sultan Community Alliance (Alliance) is a volunteer group dedicated to the enhancement of the Sultan community through large-scale events meant to bring people back to Main Street. It is the intersection of passion and purpose, as it strives to promote community pride through regular cleanup events that keep Sultan’s parks and public spaces beautiful, lush, and welcoming to families.
The Alliance mission is:
To build and promote a safe, clean, and healthy community through family-oriented events and volunteer-driven cleanup efforts.
The Alliance regularly performs sweeps of local parks and public spaces to ensure that Sultan’s scenic areas remain walkable, family-friendly and free from trash. Since the Alliance was founded, volunteers have been an integral part of these cleanup efforts, removing many tons of trash from Sultan’s parks. Community members are always welcome to volunteer during a parks sweep and should email the Alliance for additional information on how to participate.
The Sultan Community Alliance coordinates a number of community events each year. For information on how to get involved in the Alliance or to volunteer during a parks sweep or one of its community events, please email the Alliance.
Rules of Procedure
2021 Events Update
We are happy to announce the Alliance Board has returned to regular meetings and is busy planning events for the remainder of 2021. Their first scheduled event for 2021 will be National Night Out Against Crime.
Follow the Alliance on Facebook and City news feeds for updated event information.
- Flag Football Camp - End of February, Cancelled for 2021, watch for it in 2022
- Summer Soccer Camp - Last Weekend in May - Cancelled, but Watch for it to return in 2022
- National Night Out Against Crime - First week of August
- Sultan Swoosh 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament - August
- Homecoming Pep Rally/Bonfire - October
- Trunk or Treat - October 31st
- Tree Lighting and Lighted Parade - December
- Sultan Lights - Holiday Lighting Contest - December 1st to 24th