Public Records Request
Requests for City of Sultan public records should be submitted to the City Clerk’s Office using the Public Records Request Form (PDF). For more information, contact the City Clerk at 360-793-2231.
Please note, Police Department records requests must be filed directly with the Police Department. You can contact them at 425-388-6260.
Submit Public Records Request
You may submit your request:
- In person to City Hall at:
319 Main Street
Sultan, WA 98294
- By mail to:
P.O. Box 1199
Sultan, WA 98294
- By email to the City Clerk
Fees for Records
- 15 cents per page standard photocopies - Up to 11 inches by 17 inches
- Cost to be determined for larger pages
- 5 cents every four electronic files or attachments
- 10 cents each gigabyte (GB) electronic transmission
- 10 cents per page scanning into electronic format
- Cost to be determined on other formats
Fees may be waived if the total cost of the responsive records is less than $1.
Customized Service Charge
- Fees may apply when request requires use of Information Technology (IT) expertise to prepare data compilations, provide customized electronic access services when such compilation, and customized access services are not used by the agency for other agency purposes.
- May require a deposit in an amount not to exceed 10% of the estimated cost of the request, including a customized service charge.
- Summary of applicable charges provided at request before copies are made.
More Information Regarding Public Records
For more information related to Public Records and Public Record Exemptions, please see Municipal Research Service Center’s publication, “Public Records Act for Washington Cities, Counties, and Special Purpose Districts“ (PDF).