Community Development - Planning
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life of Sultan’s residents and visitors by promoting and managing quality land use developments and construction projects. We:
- Actively seek out opportunities to assist existing businesses to grow, prosper, and provide ever better services and products to their customers
- Actively promote Sultan as a location for quality new businesses to locate, become profitable, and provide services to the community
The Planning Division is dedicated to carrying out the community’s vision through:
- Consistent, courteous, and personalized customer service
- Supporting economic vitality
- Protecting the environment
- Ensuring a great quality of life
This department is responsible for administering the Zoning Code, Critical Area Regulations, Shoreline Master Program, Storm Water Management Manual, as well as, several other codes that are used by the City and development community to ensure that the natural and built environments are healthy, safe, and reflect the communities’ vision.
We are continuously updating various chapters and sections of the Sultan Municipal Code. To see what changes are in progress please visit the Planning Board page for agendas and attachments.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Floodplain Map (PDF)
- Snohomish County Online Property Information Map
- Official Zoning Map - 12.2019 (PDF)
Planning Hours of Operation
Regular business hours are:
Beginning July 1, 2021 - Monday - Friday - 8:00am - 4:00pm
Permit Application Appointments
Applications are accepted by appointment only. Please call 360-793-1099 to schedule an appointment to submit for all land use permit and building applications. To submit for a permit, please call Cyd Donk at 360-793-1099 or email Cyd or Mark Bond at 425-454-3904 or email Mark .
Appointments can be scheduled Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
We cannot accept your applications unless you have a scheduled appointment. We appreciate your assistance!
Updated Plan Chapters as of October 25, 2021
- Sultan 2011 Comp Plan Update Adopted 11.10.2011 (PDF)
- Chapter 1 Introduction (PDF)
- Chapter 2 Community Design (PDF)
- Chapter 3 Land Use (PDF)
- Chapter 4 Housing (PDF)
- Chapter 5 Natural Environment (PDF)
- Chapter 6 Economic Development (PDF)
- Chapter 7 Park and Recreation (PDF)
- Chapter 8 Transportation Element (PDF)
- Chapter 9 Capital Facilities (PDF)
- Chapter 10 Utilities (PDF)